Dear Parents and Guardians,
We at World Prayer Tabernacle count it a privilege to help you in raising your children in the Lord. Just like Mary and Joseph did in Luke 2:22, they brought Jesus to be blessed and prayed for at the temple soon after He was born. The Parent Commitment/Child Dedication ceremony at the Tabernacle is meant for parents with children ages two and under.
In order for you to participate in this commitment ceremony, you as parents/guardians must be born again, and currently serving the Lord at the Tabernacle for at least three months. Please know that this ceremony does not provide or secure the salvation of the parents or the child. As you participate in this commitment ceremony, you are making a promise to teach your children the commands of the Lord, encourage them to accept Jesus as their personal savior as they get older, teach them, by example, to live for Jesus, all the days of their life, according to the Bible.
- Deuteronomy 6:6-8 (NKJV)
6 “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
As part of the commitment service we will pray a prayer of blessing over your baby and believe God with you that he or she will be kept by the power of the Holy Spirit. We look forward to watching your baby grow and commit to help you instruct your child as your church family. We will believe with you that your son or daughter will choose to serve Jesus at a young age and never have an attraction to the things of the world.
We believe that the dedication is a family event, so please invite, siblings and grandparents of the baby to stand with you as you participate in this part of the service.
Please fill out and return the following application. As you meet the qualifications to participate in this Parent Commitment/Child Dedication service, we will get back with you to confirm your participation in our next scheduled commitment service.
Pastor Chris Lodriguss
Qualifications to participate in the Parent Commitment/Child Dedication Ceremony according to the Word of God.
Please find the category that best fits your family dynamic.
- Those wishing to participate in this ceremony must be faithfully attending the Tabernacle for no less than three months.
- Parents must be married, have accepted Jesus as their personal Savior and currently be serving the Lord at the Tabernacle.
- Single parents, raising the child alone, must have accepted Jesus as their personal Savior and be currently serving the Lord at the Tabernacle.
- Grandparents, raising the child, must have accepted Jesus as their personal Savior and be currently serving the Lord at the Tabernacle.
- Legal guardians must have accepted Jesus as their personal Savior and currently be serving the Lord at the Tabernacle.
- If separated or divorced, only the parent currently serving the Lord at the Tabernacle can participate.
If for any reason you do not meet the qualifications listed above for your family dynamic, our hope is that at a later date you will. Our prayer is that everyone make Jesus the Lord and Savior of their lives and that some will serve the Lord at the Tabernacle. If you have not made that commitment yet then this is not the time for you and your family to participate in this event. We would love the opportunity to minister to you so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask one of our ministerial staff.